These are changing times filled with uncertainty. Praise God that we have a God who is unchanging. We wanted to let you know that our leadership has been in prayer, asking the Lord for direction on what He wants us to do.
As we prayed and sought the Lord, we felt convicted to share these following truths with you.
We believe God is stronger than COVID-19 and we resolve to serve our God rather than this virus.
We believe that God is still working and we want to listen to His voice and follow Him rather than seeking our protection and comfort.
We believe that God is still in control and we want to worship Him to acknowledge that truth.
We care deeply about the faith of all our KCM students and want to do everything to care for their faith. Esp. in these uncertain times.
- Please continue to have your small groups meet to finish out the year (either online or in peson – with caution and social distancing)
- Hannah Kim / Jeesu Park will be a resource for all small group cores’ if they have any questions on how to do online small groups.
- We want to encourage all small groups to not give up the habit of meeting with one another but keep meeting together to support each other to stay faithful in these changing times.
- We will be having an ALL CAMPUS ONLINE GM starting April 2nd from 7:30 – 8:30pm (for the spring quarter). We are going online, not as an act of fear, but as an act of love to not infect our more vulnerable members. Please mobilize all your campuses to partake in our ONLINE GM. We still want to feed our students the word and give them time to worship God. Especially in these times, let us never give up in hearing God’s voice through His word and worshipping God rather than worshipping something else.
- STSM training has been postponed to May 17th. The following is the schedule for our new STSM training and trip.
- Sunday Training: 5/17, 5/24, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14
- Super Saturday: 5/23
- Prep Week: 6/22 – 6/26
- Intensive Retreat: 6/29 – 7/3
- Commissioning Service: 7/5
- STSM Departure Week: 7/6 – 7/10
- STSM Arrival Week: 7/27 – 7/31
*tentatively, we are still planning on doing STSM but we will make a more definitive call in late April or early May.
- Lastly, we ask that you meet with your cores and servant team (in person or online) to fellowship and pray. These are uncertain times and we need to pray even more. We need to encourage each other even more. So please continue to meet together even if there is no business but to fellowship and pray. Think of praying on behalf of your campus and our students as your new call to service.
24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Updated Spring Quarter Dates